Forums are back in action! ×

BATMAN

There was a book that came out a few years ago that looked into this very thing, and just how long it would take to achieve his level of athleticism.

But just off the top of my head? Hmm. He'd likely start every day alternating with either a run or brief calisthenics, if for no other reason than to get the blood flowing and loosen up the body that took a beating the night before.

He'd probably train one major life every day, squat, press, deadlift, bench, powerclean, following it up with some kind of metcon work, hard and heavy conditioning with weights. Then after a brief rest, work either gymnastics or combative training, alternating each day. Probably wrap up with some meditation.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

There needs the be Batman workouts

You could go with Christian Bale's workouts from the last two Batman films:

http://www.motleyhealth.com/celeb/christian-bales-fitness-workouts-for-batman-the-dark-knight

There's also this nice little article that talks about using Batman as a metaphor for the mentality you should have rather than actually trying to be the Batman:

http://blogs.menshealth.com/health-headlines/the-batman-workout/2011/03/22

Personally I'd like to think that he just trains everything to the max everyday. Why? Because he's the goddamn Batman, he tells his muscles what to do, not the other way round :P

From the second article:

Like Batman, you should be able to do many things, therefore you must train in many things. Batman is kind of at odds with how we exercise these days, because our fitness training is really specialized. You have people who are just power athletes, or people who are just ultra-marathoners, for example. We’ve now gotten to this point where we take one particular thing, and then focus on that for our fitness. That’s not particularly healthy because you’re really just constantly straining the same systems, and the main Batman concept is being able to do a lot of different things all the time. Think of a decathlete—he’d likely never win the 1500-meter run or the javelin in open competition against someone who races only the 1500-meter or just throws javelin. But a gold medal decathlete would be in the top three for both events.

You’re trying to make sure you’ve got flexibility, acrobatic ability, agility, power, strength, endurance, and so on. Trying to be good at more than one thing is how you can access the Batman inside of you.

Sounds kind of like Crossfit and MMA :)

Personally I'd like to think that he just trains everything to the max everyday. Why? Because he's the goddamn Batman, he tells his muscles what to do, not the other way round :P

Nailed it.

There was a book that came out a few years ago that looked into this very thing, and just how long it would take to achieve his level of athleticism.

But just off the top of my head? Hmm. He'd likely start every day alternating with either a run or brief calisthenics, if for no other reason than to get the blood flowing and loosen up the body that took a beating the night before.

He'd probably train one major life every day, squat, press, deadlift, bench, powerclean, following it up with some kind of metcon work, hard and heavy conditioning with weights. Then after a brief rest, work either gymnastics or combative training, alternating each day. Probably wrap up with some meditation.

Add to that the rampaging through the city at nights kicking criminals in the teeth.

http://jackblog.org

Jack Blog | The Blog of Jack

I remember one of the novel adaptations (I think Knightfall) where he would do something like 1000 situps, 1000 pushups and running. After recovery from the broken back he was doing distance sprinting with a backpack filled with sand to add weight. The thing is, fitness is something that is constantly adapting with new knowledge and insight, so whatever Batman would be doing to train, I'd figure he'd be at least a decade or two ahead of what the rest of the world was up to.

Guest Carjack

Foundation (to be achieved first): Work up to two plate bench, three plate squat, four plate deadlift, 75 push ups, full splits stretch.

Added gymnastics: Handbalancing, falls, tumbling, 20 weighted pull ups.

Endurance: Run laps, sprint intervals mixed with high rep push ups (in a bulletproof vest), do martial arts.

Explosiveness/speed: Add fast Olympic lifts or plyo to lifting routine.

Skill work: Martial arts, sneaking around, climbing.