Forums are back in action! ×

Excited Beginning

I am so glad I found Nerd Fitness. Steve has a knack for making the fitness noob feel welcome, and the idea that when you join Nerd Fitness you are in for life...AWESOME!

I'm just starting, and the idea that I could keep up this fitness quest for life is great. I'm tired of giving up, of starting over, of being a beginner over and over because I didn't stick to it.

Nerd Fitness puts a line in the sand. You are in, or out. You're not gonna casually find your way into changing a little bit: you either commit to it whole-heartedly, or you might as well get out now.

That is a challenging, hard line that Steve puts out there with that philosophy, but at the same time the idea that "We don't care where you're from, only where you're going" is so inviting that it makes me want to take up the challenge all the more. I want to determine exactly where I'm going and set my course so that I don't end up where I don't want to be.

Anyway, I guess I've just been wanting to post because I'm finding the workouts and the clean eating so rewarding, and I'm so jazzed about this ethos and community and the possibility of slow continuous determined growth.

-Micah

I put some up on the recruit intro page.

1. I want to be down to 200lbs from 240 starting weight by the end of Sept. (I'm now at 230lbs. Not sure if I'll make it to 200 by then, but it's a goal. Not going to do anything unhealthy to get there (like starving myself)).

2. I want to be running 30 mins by Sept 2nd. (I'm using Couch to 5k podcast and am on track for this goal.)

3. I want to make straight A's this upcoming quarter in Electrical Engineering.

So those are kind of big goals, but mainly I just want to be consistent with healthy diet (Veggies, Fruits, Water, Fish, Nuts, and a little grain, and green tea) and working out.

-Micah