Forums are back in action! ×

If I could clone myself for a day...

Interesting one - If I could clone myself for a day and watch myself being who I am, I think this is what I’d think of me…

She’s nice but kinda shy…but she doesn’t necessarily look shy…oh no, wait – she’s avoiding eye contact; she is shy…

She gets distracted a bit, but looks pretty efficient most of the time…is that a front?

She seems frightened of disappointing people. I wonder how that affects the path she actually wants to go down…

She’s writing an odd philosophical post on a fitness site about what she’d think of herself if she cloned herself for a day…wait a second…does that mean there’s another ‘me’ standing over my shoulder as I write this now? Or is one ‘me’ writing the post while the other ‘me’ is watching me writing the post and writing another post about me writing the post? Does that even make sense? Will they be the same post? Or different? Is it like one of those ‘infinity pictures’ where you see a picture inside a picture inside a picture…etc. 

Hmm. Well, she’s clearly self-reflective, if a little over-analytical.

I think she knows I'm here... *ducks under keyboard*

She sets targets and she seems pretty focussed…but maybe her motivation dwindles. She knows what to do but execution could be more consistent. Sometimes she just runs out of steam. And protein.

Oh, she’s getting up for another coffee…Ok, seriously, this girl drinks way too much caffeine! No wonder she can’t sleep. Why doesn’t she do something about that? Oh no, wait – she did do something about it. Then she undid it. But then it’s not really fair to moan about how tired she is…it’s her own fault, after all. I think she knows that but doesn't want to admit it...even though she just admitted it. But she gave up smoking, apparently, so that’s good. She didn’t undo that…

She does things in spurts…today seems to be a writing day. Tomorrow might be a drawing day. She really needs to add a few to-do list things to each day so it doesn’t build up. I can see her to-do list from here and it’s huge…that should totally go into a Life Quest or something.

She’s telling me to listen to my own advice and go email my parents about the venue hire thing I said I’d do today.

Brb.

Back.

Does that make her/me self-motivated? Or, as there are two ‘me’s right now, does it still mean I have to have someone tell me to do something before I’ll go and do it (even though the person telling me to do it was me…?)

Lol! Well that’s just confusing! 

Does the fact that I just asked that make me too self-aware? Or does the fact that I’m even writing this post make me too self-aware?

Do I ask too many questions that I can’t answer? Should I stop asking questions?

But it’s who I am…so should I stop being me?

Why is it called ‘nonsense’ and not ‘nosense'…? Does it sound too much like ‘nuisance? 

Roses are red, this part makes no sense, I’m on the fence, lenience.

Haha. She laughs at her own gags. And she laughs at herself laughing at her own gags! Oh Lord... 

But sometimes things do makes sense in a sort of nonsensical way…after all, it’s the only way to make sense of them…

Ok - she’s telling me that’s enough.

Sorry. But yeah, that's probably what I'd think of myself if I could clone myself for a day and watch me being me... *sigh*

Good luck with your workouts.

:tongue: