Forums are back in action! ×

The Hike to end all Hikes

So the Magpie doesn't really like going to the gym. Yesterday our workout called for 2 bench presses every minute, adding 10 pounds each set, to failure. That didn't sound like fun to her, so we made a deal. She likes hiking and I like MovNat, so we decided to go to a nearby park (Highbanks Metro Park) to hike and do some MovNat style crawling and climbing and what not. I figured we'd hit half of the 2.5 mile trail, end with the Adena Indian mounds, and then go home. Probably an hour or so and it would be fun.

Well, we detoured a lot more than we thought, so our first hour got us about 3/4 of the way there, but it was still relatively light out, so we figured we'd give it a shot.

Then I sort of misread the map in an awkward way and before long it was sunset and we were pretty far down the trail at a sign pointing to the overlook. This is a big deck that overlooks the Olentangy River and it's sweet. So we went for it. Why not?

We were supposed to do a devotional ritual at home, but since it looked like we were going to be out late, we did it on the platform and it went really well.

Then w started to head back. And there was a storm moving in. And it got dark FAST (the way it does in the woods) so the last 20 minutes of our walking was strong night.

We found the road and started walking along that, since it was easier and about five seconds before it started to rain a ranger found us and gave us a lift to the car. All in all, a great night, even if it was WAY longer and harder than we thought.

Posted Image

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge