Forums are back in action! ×

Rowing and Crew

Any other current or former varsity or recreational rowers out there? I'm a former varsity rower. Just thought I'd try to reach out.

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris

hahaha sounds familiar. we actually only practiced before school for the Stotesbury Regatta. I rowed 5 seat first year (sophomore year, and it was varsity since we had 8 guys on the whole team and one was a senior) the next two years I was 3 seat in JV 4 then varsity 4. JV we had a wooden 4 also. Thank god senior year the school board shelled out the money for a new 8 and 4. Vespoli. Where are you from? If you don't mind my asking.

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.†- Bruce Lee

Ne Obliviscaris

hahaha sounds familiar. we actually only practiced before school for the Stotesbury Regatta. I rowed 5 seat first year (sophomore year, and it was varsity since we had 8 guys on the whole team and one was a senior) the next two years I was 3 seat in JV 4 then varsity 4. JV we had a wooden 4 also. Thank god senior year the school board shelled out the money for a new 8 and 4. Vespoli. Where are you from? If you don't mind my asking.

Mackleharris, I grew up in Massachussetts - specifically Cape Cod.  We were the only highschool there that had a team, so we usually raced against college freshmen teams.  Man, I wish I had somehow managed to have sneaked away with my oar after graduation.  What a cool thing to have hanging on my wall right now.

haha wow. And I thought the same exact thing about taking the oar! Of course I didn't because it would have affected the team. I'm from NJ and we have ridiculous amounts of crews.

285lbs -> 200lbs

0%
0%

? Body Fat % -> 18%

0%
0%

Ne Obliviscaris