Forums are back in action! ×

Needs a kick up the a**

Hi all.

Quick bit about me.

I'm male, overweight (6' and 12 stone 9 pounds) and my body fat percentage is around 15%.

I'm resonably active and a black belt in jujitsu (passed 5 weeks ago).

I am however incredibly lacking in motivation (given the choice I would rather eat junk food and watch tv than exercise)

I love jujitsu and (without being big headed I actually quite good at it) so I want to do the following:

Lose fat and build muscle (I'd like a body that I'm happy with not the one I've got that wears baggy clothes)

Become the best martial artist that I can possibly be (anyone with any advise on training etc please contact me)

Build confidence (ok so jujitsu has helped but as the kid who got beaten up every week I still avoid crowds of people and feel nervous if someone starts being aggresive towards me)

Become motivated (this is my biggest problem I tend to jump into things headfirst and lose motivation after a couple of weeks)

Generally become a better person (not the procrastinating, lazy git that I am)

So thats me, thanks for having me and any comments or advice that you have would be much appreciated

Thanks

When it comes to actually going out there and doing the exercise, do you have anyone that can take this trip with you? If anything, someone that will drag you along even if you don't want to?

I think the hardest part of working out is starting it. Once it becomes routine and you're doing it for a few months, it's a lot easier to keep going with it.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Some advice on just jumping in head first and losing motivation-RESEARCH, ASK QUESTIONS, and most importantly HAVE A PLAN WITH REALISTIC GOALS. Steve's article on getting past the excuses and setting goals would be great for you to read and I recommend that you go to the main website and start reading his blogs as they are great inspiration and advice!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY