Forums are back in action! ×

Determined girl having a great time

Hello! :)

I'm a 28-year-old software engineer from San Francisco. In the spring of 2010 I decided to get off my ass and start running, and since then went from being unable to run a mile, to having participated in 3 half marathons and a full marathon.

A few months ago I picked up the New Rules of Lifting for Women and started weight lifting, heavy. I've been absolutely loving it, and I spent my first three months doing weight lifting while traveling around south east asia. Now I'm back home and ready to get even more serious about it.

I'm 5'8", 155lbs, 22% body fat and looking to get stronger and maybe even replace some of that fat with muscle (yes, I know that's not how it works directly) while I'm at it. I'm currently on NRLW Stage 3 and it's kicking my ass, in a great way. :)

I pay pretty close attention to my diet, making sure that I'm getting enough protein and calories and eating very cleanly. I only eat organic meat (no hormones, thank you) so a lot of my protein comes from dairy/eggs/legumes/veggies/etc.

I'm lifting 3 days / week, and running (lightly) 3 days / week. I already track all my stuff elsewhere -- food on sparkpeople and exercise on my blog -- so I don't plan on tracking it here in duplicate, but you can expect lots of questions from me out of the blue. :)

Anyway, thanks for listening and looking forward to meeting a lot of you!

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong