Forums are back in action! ×

The Gamer App

Ok this is an idea I have had for the last 2 months but I can’t seem to find anyone willing to work on this. I’m not sure how to explain it but here it goes.

This is an app that turns your life into a game...so to speak. This app (in my head) has a character sheet that has the following stats.

Strength- Increases based on strength training and athletics

Constitution- Increase based on healthy eating habits and regular sleep cycles.

Dexterity- Increases based on running and athletics

Intelligence- Increases based on reading and studying

Wisdom- Increases based on observation and creative thinking

Charisma- Increases based on proper speaking and etiquette

Each stat has its own level and all start at level 1and your characters level is the average of all the stats rounded down. Each stat gain experience unlike a character in a game where you gain a level and put points in the stats.

Now in order to gain experience in each stat you have to have a skill and each skill has an experience points of 150 that is split into a stat. Each skill is an activity and has a timer. Example.

Skill name- Running

Experience

Dexterity and constitution. (so in this case 150 is divided by 2 and each stat increases 75 exp)

There is also something called Ability. It’s a passive trait that you can keep active as long as the app is on or you create another ability.

Ability would be what you have studied or have learned through your experience of living. It increases exp gained to a stat by 10 % and you can only choose 2 stats.

Example would be

Ability- Computer programmer

Increase experience Intelligence and dexterity by 10 %

You should only be able to have 2 abilities active at the same time.

I was also thinking of adding challenges and there would be 6 small challenges per week and once all six were completed then a 7th challenge would be unlocked and it would be a “boss†challenge. But not sure how that would work.

Now the character sheet would also be shown with information such as

Name

Job

Class

Title

Level

Stats

Weight

I was also thinking of adding alerts. Such as wake up time and sleep time, or and alert that ask if you ate a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner. And it would increase experience in constitution.

I have several more ideas but that’s all I can type for now. I don’t have any programming experience and I am sure this is just me throwing it out the window for someone to find. But If someone would create this, I am sure many would love and app that turns there life into a game.

Really would love to see this for the Google glass. Can you imagen walking around with it on and saying “ok glass, activate skill running†or something along those line and it opens up a app meant for running with music to jam to. I think it would be neat but then again I am a nerd after all.

I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.- Robert A. Heinlein