Forums are back in action! ×

Never too old to level up!

Hi everybody!

My name is Diane, and I've been hooked in by recent posts (What the hell are you waiting for?; and Spezzy the power-lifting superhero). I'm female and 45; despite my best efforts, I'm not actually getting younger. So, until we can invent time-travel, here I am!

I'm borderline overweight. I've been a yo-yo dieter in the past; I'm now on a primal diet for the long haul, looking to lose some more fat but right now my priority is strength.

I was that kid who was always picked last for any kind of sport. I've had a few brushes with athletic non-suckiness: when I was 11, I could run for miles (to this day I don't know what happened), and more recently I was on a corporate dragon boat team for a few years, but that's about it.

I'm here to do strength training because it will make me...

More capable. I want to be able to try any new activity without worrying about being too weak or too clumsy. I want to carry my own luggage when I'm 80. (The way my husband is going, I'll probably have to carry his luggage too.)

An inspiration to others. I don't have any kids, but a lot of my friends do, and kids learn from everyone's example (good or bad). I'm already a dietary inspiration around the office (srsly), so I'm ready to kick it up a notch and be That Strong Chick Who Can Do Anything.

Badass! Need I say more?

I've just finished my fourth week of consistently doing planned workouts, tracking and making sure I'm always improving.

Nerd cred:

I was known as "The Goddess of Small Annoying Puzzles" in college. If it looks or moves anything like a Rubik's cube, I can solve it.

I like some board games and a few video games, although my attention span is short. I rule the universe at Boggle and at Bust-a-Move. I play quite a bit of WoW; I have 3 level 85s and have lost count of my alts.

I currently work at a well-known video games company in California. I could tell you what I just play-tested but I would TOTALLY have to kill you.

Looking forward to spending time with the great community here! :D

Welcome aboard Purple Diane!

Well, if you want to be an inspiration, you have come to the right place for motivation and advice!

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge