Forums are back in action! ×

First dead hang pullup!

I remember when I first was able to do a lot of pullups, I was on the subway in nyc. Out of the blue I decided to grab the bar that standing riders hang on to and cranked out 30 while everyone was watching with my legs perfectly parallel (not perpendicular) to the floor. Even the jerky stops and starts at the stations didn't bother me. Congrats on your achievement and definitely have some fun with your new athleticism when you can. :-)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Thanks. Just did 10 last Saturday, so the gains are getting harder. I've been doing Simplefit (started level 5 last night) this month which has you doing lots of pull-up circuits, in addition to push-ups and squats. I do think I need to eat more protein because I'm not seeing a whole lot of muscle gain, and I'm not progressing as fast as I was before.

Thanks. Just did 10 last Saturday, so the gains are getting harder. I've been doing Simplefit (started level 5 last night) this month which has you doing lots of pull-up circuits, in addition to push-ups and squats. I do think I need to eat more protein because I'm not seeing a whole lot of muscle gain, and I'm not progressing as fast as I was before.

I have a buddy that was doing that routine with some pretty solid success. He is a pretty lean/skinny dude so he is trying to put on some muscle. I believe he is eating mostly Paleo along with it too.