Forums are back in action! ×

Insert Catchy Thread Title Here

Hullo all,

Been reading the forums and the blog entries for a week or two now and have finally gotten around to start putting together my goals/quests list. I'm really enjoying the community as it is a marriage of something I enjoy(gaming) and something I need(getting back in shape).

A little about myself: I'm an ex-collegiate soccer player who has been out in the real world for about 4 years now. I work as an IT consultant, so I sit around quite a bit; though need to put in face time with clients, so not looking like a fat sack is almost a job requirement. Since my "glory days", I've put on about 40-50 pounds and have lost most of what made me excel at sports. It took me a while to realize that one.

At the start of this year, I found myself recently single and realizing I was horribly out of shape. So, after WoW'ing out through my depression, I turned to the gym as a better way to get my life turned back around. Since joining my gym in March, I've lost about 30-40 pounds but have kind of plateaued at my current weight of just over 200. I'd really like to cut down some weight before starting to build back up.

I have started playing soccer again for a local sports club and have avidly picked up golf, so there are reasons for wanting to get back into shape besides just wanting to look good with clients and get noticed at the pub. Like I said earlier, I have started on my list of goals/quests and am in the process of booking my very first epic journey. I'm really looking forward to utilizing the community here as a way to keep myself in check and to prove myself in some way.

Sorry for rambling. Looking forward to becoming friendly with all of you.

this_is_seth

p.s. no seriously, this is seth.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

I stopped playing WoW. It just wasn't healthy for me, I would lose myself in it for weeks at a time and that wasn't helpful to breaking out of the sedentary lifestyle. I have started to enjoy the "reward" idea though... trying to work that into more of my day to day living.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...