Forums are back in action! ×

100 burpees in 10min challenge

Shortly after embarking upon new and healthy life quest in October, I began exercising to ensure my success.

Few weeks later in the wilderness called Internet I have stumbled upon beast exercise called burpees.

Some claim that it is single best conditioning exercise in existence. Hmm... did not look too difficult on screen.

How could I not try it after reading about it? Of course I must doo those "manly" burpees with the pushup and jump.

My first effort... miserable... barely 50 burpees in almost 20 minutes, ending with me collapsed on the floor. It seems that burpees were deceptively easy on screen, but surprisingly difficult in person.

Then I pushed them to the far reach of my brain and tried to forget them.

But soon after that I have spoken with my friend who is fitness trainer and we got into the burpees. She said that good result was 100 burpees under 10 minutes. My sick brain accepted the challenge and drove me into pushing myself regulary and doing those hellish burpees.

Weeks passed, reps increased but end result was still not satisfactory and every time I was gasping for breath at the end.

Then came the 6 week challenge, I decided that I will do 100 under 10 minutes, failure was not an option.

I did a lot of other conditioning exercises during the challenge so far, but burpee challenge was done only few times, with top number being 93. I avoided them, feeling inadequate for the challenge.

Then this evening after eating 2 donuts and having a guilty conscience about it, I decided to really push myself. Timer was placed out of my sight, to avoid any distractions.

I managed to complete those 100 burpees, barely, my feet feeling like jelly... fearfully I stepped over to the timer and glanced at the screen, expecting to see 12 or 13 minutes (it surely felt like an eternity doing them), but result was surprising - 9:30min. Subtracting 5 seconds for reaching the timer, it comes to approx 9:25min.

Smiley_Tiny_Celebrating.gif

Long story, but suitable to this long and hard burpee journey :D

• Like 2

I'm at about 15min for 100 burpees.  I didn't realize the key was donuts!

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014

My God!

Literally, you are now my God.  That is AWESOME!!!! I hate burpees with a passion usually reserved for mass murderers (or maybe the tax man) and can only do about 4 or 5 of them in a minute. Ugh! :hangsheadinshame:

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously