Forums are back in action! ×

Keep on sleeping or get up?

So last night I went to a bar with some friends. As usual things like that get late and I went to sleep at around 3 AM. I decided to get up at 9, giving me (imo) just enough sleep and a longer day I can use to be productive (or procrastinate a bit more).

The thing is this: If you're for example someone who has a schedule to sleep from 11 PM to 7 AM, is it then more important that you always get these 8 hours of sleep (so when you go out on occasion, you sleep from 3AM to 11AM), or should you always get up at the same time, in this case being 7 AM (when you might get less than 4 hours of sleep on occasion, but you can make up for this by going to bed earlier the next day).

Of course this can differ from person to person, but I'd like to hear some of your opinions.

I don't do it often, because I like my sleep too much. But I usually do a compromise like you did and try for  about 6 hours. If I sleep in too late, then I will want to stay up late again and that just keeps the cycle going

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I try to get as close to 8 as possible whenever possible. I can always make myself go to bed early the next night and rationalize that waking up early the following day will allow me to make up for the time I lost by sleeping in.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Yeah, I try to get up within an hour of my normal wake-up time, unless that would leave me with less than six hours' sleep. In that situation, I will generally sleep for six hours and get up.

If I get in really late (like 4/5am) I will often cut my sleep even shorter. I try and get up mid-morning at the latest, regardless of what time I came home. It leaves me a bit tired the next day, but I find that if I sleep in any later than about 10am I struggle to get to sleep in the evening.

If I am still up when the sun comes up, I will just go the whole day without sleeping and go to bed early. Would rather be tired all day than fuck up my sleep patterns.

• Like 1

Yeah, I try to get up within an hour of my normal wake-up time, unless that would leave me with less than six hours' sleep. In that situation, I will generally sleep for six hours and get up.

If I get in really late (like 4/5am) I will often cut my sleep even shorter. I try and get up mid-morning at the latest, regardless of what time I came home. It leaves me a bit tired the next day, but I find that if I sleep in any later than about 10am I struggle to get to sleep in the evening.

If I am still up when the sun comes up, I will just go the whole day without sleeping and go to bed early. Would rather be tired all day than fuck up my sleep patterns.

Yeah, I think I'm going to try something like this instead of sleeping till 3PM everytime I go out :P

Going to take an interval from 6 AM to 9 AM, and wake up between those times depending on how early I went to bed.