Forums are back in action! ×

Dr. Jekyll & the Amazon

Greetings,

As a newbie, I wanted to post my quick and short introduction as I learn how to navigate NF. Here it goes:

My super hero (still in the works) would have to be similar to the Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hyde or in my case, the split personality would be an amazon instead of that sadistic quack, Mr. Hyde. At 5' 11, I"ve always been rather tall and lanky, and weighed around the 130's and 140's. After a 6 month weight training class in college, and a nutritionist, I gained 10 pounds in lean muscle and I felt transformed into an (not bulky, just hella strong) amazon. After the class ended, my lovely lean muscle melted away and I became a more demure, less powerful version of myself (Dr. Jekyll). Life is full of cycles and I would like to track my progress this time as I attempt to gain amazon status yet again.

Here's the catch: Since the last time I gained muscles, I've mostly transitioned to being vegetarian( I still cheat sometimes) but now my body has a much harder time adding mass. Would love help, encouragement, tips, battle stories.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage ~ Anais Nin

I'm curious as to why you are a vegetarian?

This will make putting on muscle difficult at best. If it is because you don't like how animals are treated then I'm not going to argue with you but you need to decide whats more important, your fitness or animal rights. If its because you think that meat is unhealthy than you need to do more research and figure out that eating meat is healthy if you eat the right kinds in the right amount and it will help you put on muscle. On another note I know plenty of overweight vegetarians so I think the whole healthy vegetarian thing is just silly. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to hear your progress.

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY