Forums are back in action! ×

Treating injured toes at home

Yesterday, I stove my toes pretty hard during an Ultimate Frisbee tournament.  The two smallest toes on my right foot hurt like the devil, I can bend them to a limited extent, and I can't put weight on that part of the foot.  They were bruised pretty badly last night, and I haven't taken off my socks to look at them yet this morning.

I wore toe socks and Vibrams to bed last night because those were the most effective means handy to keep them stable (I also taped my last three toes together).  I had to loosen the shoe and ice the foot last night because it hurt enough to wake me up.  My roommate, who has broken toes in the past, said that there's not much I can do other than keep weight off it, keep them straight, and wait for it to heal.

Today I want to get a crutch and some medical tape.  I'm still icing off and on.  Does anyone have any other advice on how to deal with this?

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Best I got for ya is tape them and keep them as immobile as possible.  Watch the swelling and bruising, if it extends up the foot you are likely going to need to get an x-ray.  If you slammed them that hard either the likely broken or you bruised the bones.  The fact that you can wiggle them some at all is good.

'Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths'. -- Walt Disney