Forums are back in action! ×

my first weight in woot!

last week I weighed an embarrassing 425 pounds.....today I weight 412 pounds....dont ask me! I was only expecting maybe 5 pounds lost max! not 13!! (tho I do wonder how much was water weight)

Anyways this was an awesome way to start my weight loss journey!  

• Like 5

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G.K. Chesterton 

WOAH, that's amazing! Whatever you did, keep doing it! (unless that something is starving yourself. Don't do that.) Use that success to power on to supreme awesomeness!

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Good work!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I'm not sure what I did! I quite soda, and drink water exclusively tho I will allow myself a healthy empty calorie drink a day if I desire it (like green tea or something).  I have exercised every morning, and when it comes to food I have decided to eat healthier (like more chicken that hasn't been smothered in sauce) more salads, and healthier snacks, I'm also practicing portion control.  

• Like 1

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G.K. Chesterton 

I'm not sure what I did! I quite soda, and drink water exclusively tho I will allow myself a healthy empty calorie drink a day if I desire it (like green tea or something).  I have exercised every morning, and when it comes to food I have decided to eat healthier (like more chicken that hasn't been smothered in sauce) more salads, and healthier snacks, I'm also practicing portion control.  

Heeeeyyyy, green tea is good for detox, contains the highest levels of antioxidants of any tea and has anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic effects! Amongst other things (Note: last link is to a Daily Mail article; the only reason I link it is because the things stated there are generally mentioned elsewhere too). It's a good drink, glad you're drinking it instead of some form of fizzy pop. But if you have a yen for more heavily caffeinated things coffee is good in moderation, especially this thing called Bulletproof Coffee. I'm only reporting this based on the dozens of people who've said that after the first couple of times they've grown to love it, personally I can't stand coffee.

Anyway, congrats on your dramatic weight loss!

*high fives*

It's not uncommon to lose significant amounts in the first week or two as your body struggles to adapt, and a lot probably will be water weight; just don't get discouraged when you start losing smaller amounts a week or even gain a bit, scales are untrustworthy sods and weight fluctuates drastically over the course of a day. Also you could put on muscle!

Just keep swimming Chesteron! Remember when you said "Most modern freedom is at root fear. It is not so much that we are too bold to endure the rules; it is rather that we are too timid to endure responsibilities." 

You can, at any time give up on these self-imposed changes and go back to the freedom from exercise and food you once had; and in doing so you avoid your responsibilities to yourself and your health. Being responsible is a good thing./obvious

• Like 1

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

First of all, I love you for quoting G.K. Chesterton! 

As for the weight fluctuation, I weighed in today at 415 pounds today :/  although not more than 3 days after my initial weigh in I stepped on the scale just to see how things where going and I was back up to 418 pounds! so technically I lost 3 pounds since then....I'm just not sure why it shot up so high all of a sudden.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. My weight fluctuates by 5/6lbs constantly. I step on the scales every day but I don't even pay any attention to what number says until it's gone in a particular direction for more than a week.

And kudos on the progress btw ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously