Forums are back in action! ×

Closest thing to Crossfit?

Guest Carjack

Do more reps with better form in less time.

Try my burpee workout and you'll see. When your ten minutes is up, you'll be panting because you chose a minimum number to do and had to live up to it, rather than going at your own comfortable pace.

It's all about increasing your workload and training intensity.

Think of it as if you were running. If running got too easy, you'd just run faster, harder, longer. Maybe up a giant steep hill.

Running harder gets too hard? Just say to yourself "!@#$ you, I am my own drill instructor"

Try my burpee workout and you'll see. When your ten minutes is up, you'll be panting because you chose a minimum number to do and had to live up to it, rather than going at your own comfortable pace.

Think of it as if you were running. If running got too easy, you'd just run faster, harder, longer. Maybe up a giant steep hill.

Running harder gets too hard? Just say to yourself "!@#$ you, I am my own drill instructor"

Oh ok. So next time I'll push myself to be faster better stronger, and more awesome

My Fitocracy

It's not about looking good anymore, it's about getting stronger

how do I push myself harder

what carjack said.

what did you do for a 'metcon' anyways?

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

5 rounds of:

30 sec wall squat

20 squats

30 sec plank

20 pushups

do that again, in about 8 minutes.

THEN let me know if you were challenged.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Here's an awesome article (sorry I love hockey.. and Gary Roberts.. he's insane)

Here's a Gary Roberts workout...

At one station, Jordan and Jared Staal are given a 90-pound barbell and told to perform six cleans, six front military presses, six speed squats, six bent-over rows, six deadlifts, six shoulder presses and six jump squats. One more thing, says Roberts. It all has to be done in under a minute.

That is 42 combined repetitions in less than 60 seconds.

“As fast as you can, but with good technique,” says Roberts.

“Seriously?” Jordan asks.

Roberts just stares back. “That’s the way it goes boys,” he shouts. “No rest. You rested enough already this summer.”

1 word. Beast.

You train to look good. I train to kick your ...

If you still look pretty afterwords, you didn't do it right.

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up. Babe Ruth