Forums are back in action! ×

I guess this is where a lost/searching nerd can come a find his way...  

I'm 32,6'3", 230lbs. I decided that I have a limited time on this planet to enjoy being in shape and I better get on it. Fitness/exercise/sports etc are fairly foreign to me. I was too small in high school (at first) to join sports and by the time I grew (late and fast) I was far too awkward. I was a band geek instead.  

I'm not looking to make anymore excuses for why I don't stick to a workout or meal plan. I have tried MANY times to get "in shape". I am a text book mesomorph and carry weight evenly. I have been as lean as188lbs, and as husky as 240lbs, but inmy head I looked the same.   I am very strong, but out of shape. I have a hard time starting slow because I get bored so easily. Instead, I hurt myself. (eg: I started a body weight workout in the summer. Day 1 was to track my personal best in squats, pushups, situps. When I reached 40 of each, I decided to stop. I hurt for a week, badly. And my ACL has been acting up since then)  

This year, I have not worked out (anxiety!) or even thought about it. I have cut my portions and carbs and have started pre making meals. My "goal" is to get to 200lbs and then start working out. Since Jan 7th I've lost 20lbs, but I'm sputtering. I am so easily derailed.  

Anyways, to wrap up this introduction, I'm Cory. A lost brainiac looking to get on track and stop outsmarting myself.

• Like 1

Welcome Cory.

I have been as lean as188lbs, and as husky as 240lbs, but inmy head I looked the same.  

I feel the same.  I am not sure how this works but I get it too.  I hate pictures of me because they don't match the veiw i have of myself in my head.  Anyway, that is why I am here.  Have you joined the challenges yet?  I have done several, and finally found some goals that work for me. If you need anything or have questions let me know.

Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!!

"I'm not a princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, I got this shit handled!"

Level 4 Assassin

/not/smart/enough/to/keep/track/of/points

Challenge Thread