Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

I'm Ayjay (okay not my real name) and I'm 20 year old girly girl from Finland.

I first found out NerdFitness when I stumbled on the paleo-guide. After that I've read 32 pages worth of blog posts from this site and also massive amounts of forum topics.

I'm no stranger to paleo, and have been leaning into it for awhile, but I've been full-on-paleo for about 5 days now. The reason for that is my binge-eating past and for the first time in my life I can safely say I am completely free of it. I read the Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen and haven't binged in 3 months. Couple of months ago I started to get.. well problems with my digestive system and turns out that when I don't consume grains I'm all good. This may sound silly but I was a little scared to restrict anything (because in the past that lead to binging). Now, that I have come to terms with food - as in made peace with it I'm feeling more safe to lean even more to paleo eating. 

Also I've fallen in love with bodyweight training! The first time in my life I'm not so interested in how my body will look, but more about what can it do. Nice ass is always a plus of course. I'm gonna be damn strong! And also I noticed something about my single bedroom apartment.. No way to install a pullup bar here. I have to add that quality to my "next apartment needs"-list. So maybe more outdoors training then.

Well anyway, it's so nice to become part of this community.

Happy week for you all :)

• Like 2

Hi Ayjay, olemme iloisia olet täällä. Congratulations on moving past binge eating! That's a major life achievement, give yourself credit for reaching that goal and freeing yourself from that burden! Have you set a challenge for yourself for this session?

Also, I have a pull-up bar I can use without having to drill screws, you might want to check it out. Good luck!

Every man, no man.

Spirit level 2

STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 2 WIS - 4 CHA - 2

Hi Ayjay, olemme iloisia olet täällä. Congratulations on moving past binge eating! That's a major life achievement, give yourself credit for reaching that goal and freeing yourself from that burden! Have you set a challenge for yourself for this session?

Hi the25r! Kiitos! I'm definitely giving myself credit, by giving my body food and excercise it needs. I'm going to start with Whole30 :)

Also, I have a pull-up bar I can use without having to drill screws, you might want to check it out. Good luck!

Thanks! I have one doorway and just one door besides my front door and I'm gonna check if that could fit into it.