Forums are back in action! ×

Hey nerds. Nice to meat you.

What's up.  Shortgorilla here.  I guess I should have started by introducing myself here, but it's better late than never I suppose. 

I'll try to keep things concise.  I grew up in martial arts, rpg's, and M:tG.  Struggled growing up with food addictions, and bulemia.  Got super skinny, then got into lifting weights and entered a decade long "bulking phase."  I've had asthma since I was five years old, and it's kicked my butt all the way to the hospital on several occasions.  Then I got into tricking and running, lost some weight for a while, then just kind of quit doing everything when I met my wife (because she's awesome and all we did for two years was game and stuff). 

Between our four kids and our bi-weekly "nerd nights" filled with gaming and bad movies, I got soft and lumpy.  About six months ago I started lifting weights pretty consistently, but fell into the trap of trying to eat like all the roided out guys in the magazines do.  For the last almost two months I've been sticking to the basic lifts and eating logically and nutritionally, and I'm finally making some real actual progress.

I'm glad to be joining the community, hope to make some friends along the way.  Thanks for putting up with me.  I'll try to keep it together.

• Like 1