Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everybody! I've been lurking around NerdFitness for a while now, and decided it's finally time to get involved. I figured I would tell a bit about myself, after all, this is an introduction....

I guess I would describe myself as the "elf" type. Fairly skinny, but still some flab.... I was never overweight as a child, but still a little chubby (curse those weekly McDonald's trips with my dad!). I've always been a gamer, and I never got too into sports or anything, which is something I regret now, as I wish I was more athletic. I was usually on the couch/bed playing games. Once I got older and started to grow, I got taller and losing some of that chubbiness. Then when I was around 21 I became a vegetarian, during which I lost a bit of weight, to about 150 pounds or so, which I still hover at today. I'm not a vegetarian anymore, but I try to eat healthy. 

A bit of info about me currently. Not in college, but trying to get back this Fall. I work at a restaurant, which sucks for my diet sometimes, but as most people who have worked at restaurants can tell you, after a while the food just doesn't tempt you anymore.

I've gotten into that "fitness" state a few times in the past couple of years or so, usually lasting a few weeks, then slowly giving up. I really want to make this time stick though, and I think NF and these forums are going to help immensely. I love that I don't need a gym (the closest one is about 25 miles from my house), and can do everything at home, with minimal equipment. And the fact that it's geared towards nerds! I've tried other stuff in the past, from just working out on my own with no real plan (that one had a Doom spell cast on it from the start), to using dvd's, apps, whatever. Some seemed to work well, some didn't. I have a Bob Harper dvd that seems to work pretty well, gets the whole body into it, etc. I also used the C25K app, and I like it quite a bit, and restarted that.

Currently, I've started the Beginner's Body Weight Circuit, and really liked that, even though I'm still sore after a couple of days. I'd love to continue working on that, hopefully getting into the Advanced one, and the others that are posted. Plus I'd really like to start eating better. I've been slowly easing into a more Paleo type of diet. It seems a bit daunting, though, but I'm going to at least try. And I've cut out sodas from my diet. I haven't had one for about 2 1/2 weeks, which is something I'm pretty proud of. The first few days were brutal, but now it's really no big deal.

My basic goals are to get rid of the flab around my belly and start looking better. I'm not too worried about weight loss, as I weighed myself the other day and I'm at 140 pounds. I'd like to get some more muscle and strength as well. 

I've been reading the forums, and I like the setup with the guild and challenges. Plus I realize I need some people in my life that will really encourage me and keep me accountable. But I'm still a bit confused and overwhelmed as to what my first steps should be. Should I start a challenge? Join a guild? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Plus any workout/food tips.  

Sorry for the length, guys.. I hope to see you guys around the forums!

• Like 1