Forums are back in action! ×

Vibram Five Fingers

Wait what?.... Your remark was in regard that we have evolved towards footwear, unless I misinterpreted that part, yet you counter my question with saying that people are born without shoes and somehow implying we should have none? I think you have to clarify what you're actually trying to say because your response appears very contradicting to your original post....

And yes, I remember the last time I went a week barefoot, it was during this summer and I had no problem with it. Stuff like Vibrams is a good addition if I don't want to cut my foot open from nasty glass, apart from that it is not very different from all natural barefoot.

When was the last time you saw and infant brought into this world wearing some sort of footwear?

Never

Do you recall the last time you went a week barefoot?

Jan. 2011. A week on the beaches of Hawaii. No need for shoes.

Nauseating to the point that if you need an internet forum to validate your choice of minimalist shoes...

Are you saying that talking about them on the internet is nauseating, or the topic itself is nauseating? The internet is full of fourms where people discuss the validity of things, barefoot running is no different.

If you enjoy them, knock yourself out.

I try to avoid knocking myself out when wearing them. I am not that big of a klutz. :)

And remember it's the not the shoe that causes the injury but rather how we run in them.

I 90% agree with you. The other 10% is reserved for people who try to run in high heel platform shoes. No matter how well you run, you are going to get injured.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

When was the last time you saw and infant brought into this world wearing some sort of footwear? Do you recall the last time you went a week barefoot?

Nauseating to the point that if you need an internet forum to validate your choice of minimalist shoes...

If you enjoy them, knock yourself out. And remember it's the not the shoe that causes the injury but rather how we run in them.

I'm curious why you came here and started something when there was no problem.