Forums are back in action! ×

devtron the mini robot

Hi everyone!

27 year old male, about 5'8", 100lbs (might even be less, been a while since i actually weighed myself)

Skip ahead to TL;DR if you want to skip the sob story. As long as I can remember, I've had trouble gaining weight. Because of my weight I've had some pretty serious self-esteem issues, to the point where it's lead to pretty severe depression (which results in me eating less and losing weight, downward spiral, etc.) I don't have the biggest appetite in the world, that's for sure, and my daily habits definitely don't help. I sleep in until around noon or 1, I'll make breakfast which is usually the only good meal I eat in a day, 2 egg omelette with cheese, garlic and green onions, 5-6 strips of bacon, hashbrowns and a coffee. The rest of the day, is where it falls apart, I often won't eat much else until about 7 or 8 in the evening when I finally realize that I'm hungry, then I'll usually eat some kind of garbage (McDonalds, Pizza, the usual suspects). A lot of times that's all I'll eat for the whole day, with some chips and pop sprinkled throughout. Sometimes when I'm really keen, I'll squeeze in another small meal, but that's usually along the lines of cheese, crackers, pepperoni sticks, and whatever fruit I buy that week, not the worst, but definitely not enough. I've also looked into every body building trick out there for ways to "bulk up" and gain weight, to no avail.

TL;DR: I'm skinny, small appetite, need help!

I discovered this site after a friend of mine posted an article about Spezzy, I was so blown away by her story and the progress that she made. Truly inspiring! I have been reading just about anything I can find on the paleo diet and whether or not it's feesable as a diet to gain weight, so seeing her progress really kickstarted this feeling of wanting to get started on a healthier life-style.

I have a semi-longterm goal of gaining 30lbs.

One of my shorter term golas is to switch over to a paleo diet, possibly paleo-lacto just to get some extra calories in. The main thing I'm struggling with is the sugars and processed foods, I drink between 2-4 cans of pop a day and I eat chips all the time.

Another short term goal I have is to just work on motivation. I'm planning on just starting with the beginners circuit workout, but so far it's all just talk and I really want to change that.

I'm really interested in rock climbing, it's about the only excercise I've ever truly enjoyed. I did it 2 to 3 times a week for almost a year and a half, but that was about 3 years ago that I stopped. I want to get back into it, but it's a bit too expensive for me right now and I've been using that as an excuse to not excercise at all for far too long now and I need to change that way of thinking.

Here's where I would greatly appreciate some help:

1. Any tips on increasing appetite, and gaining weight in general. I know excercise should help with the appetite a bit, but any other suggestions would be amazing!

2. Getting diet dialed in: Any tips on cutting out those pesky but delicious junk foods? Any tips on using the paleo diet to gain weight?

3. Any tips on starting up and staying motivated?

4. What are some fun excercises to get me started, help with gaining weight, that might either help with or be related to rock climbing?

Thank you so much you guys! I'm stoked to find a place where getting fit is explained in nerdy ways. I really like the guilds idea, I'll be looking deeper into that right away.

Sorry about the super long post! Thanks for listening!

devtron

• Like 1

You'd be Mark Rippetoe's dream come true.

Strength train, and eat everything that crosses your path and even remotely resembles food. OMG, the lovely glorious food! We're I you, I'd be making buffet restaurants afraid to see me coming, and downing like a bucket of ice cream a day until I hit AT LEAST 140. Might be worth slowing to a more reasonable bulk then. But until then, I would make myself be the very personification of Pac-Man. Gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano