Forums are back in action! ×

Bit of a mountain to climb, and some confessions.

Alright, to start off with, I have been here before. Last year, I fell off the wagon so to speak, and just dropped it all. I was doing good, keeping track of everything, regularly logging in and checking in my progress, and for some reason, I just had a period of not doing anything like that. Everything just became inconsistent and unorganized. If you asked? I have no idea why, it just all fell apart. Now, I'm slowly getting myself together again. I'm eating okay, and my lifting is okay. But, that's just the problem, everything is just "okay" and its just a stones throw away from being as unorganized and inconsistent as last year. At the end of this school year (I'm from the UK), I'm applying for the Royal Marines. Now, for you Americans, the Royal Marines are pretty much equivalent, maybe a bit higher  ;)  to your U.S Navy SEALS, which gives you an idea of how badass, fit and motivated they are. Now actually consuming large amounts of calories, lifting big weights, and running good distances at speed is not a problem. It's just sticking it to it consistently that is the problem. For a day or two, yeah not a problem, but for some reason, i don't know why, i just cant go much longer. So I'm asking for help, help to keep me on the wagon, not fall off, and make it a day to day thing, not just a good week, and then a bad month all the time. Help to consistently get the right amount of calories, each and every day. The main problem is, is time now, as i have about maybe 6 months, before I go in for the initial tests, so i can't be goofing off, just coasting anymore, I just need consistency, but I find that the biggest bump in the road. Sorry, I have rambled on, but I thought it's better to get the full picture, so please, help, it would really mean a lot. :)

Hey there Mr! (Mind being called Sean?)

I'm new to Nerd Fitness but not to "trying again". The threads I've read have been awesome, and inspired me to come out of my shell and also ask for support!

Take a look at it this way: Each day is a new day!

So what if you ran or exercised yesterday?

Maybe you'll think about working out tomorrow...

But what are you going to do TODAY to meet and exceed your goals?

I'm working on this type of mentality too, and getting accountability for your actions helps :)

Best of luck to you!