Forums are back in action! ×

Creating Opportunities in a Low Opportunity Life

Ayyyy, hello Nerd Fitness! This is actually the second time we've met, but only the first time I've actually said anything. You see, I'm shy.

I originally came here early last year, and found myself entranced by it all. The idea of creating workout routines based on fantasy was, and still is, something that resonated with me beautifully. However, I am very much a researcher at heart. I took in so much information, and wrote it down, and created a plan, which I never put into action. But here I am, back again, ready to start anew. Now, you may be wondering about the title of my introduction. The basic gist is that I don't have as many opportunities as I'd like. During my fragile years in high school, I have been overlooked, dismissed, and altogether left behind. At home, I am the middle child, so the older sibling is becoming an adult, the younger sibling is preparing to become an adult, and I am left scheduling things around everyone else's plans and waiting to be driven places because no one ever taught me to drive. On top of that, we have little money, so between my family members and general poorness, diet is an incredibly hard thing to change around here.

Anyway! End wall of expository words! My goals here are many, but will be worked towards as gently as necessary. Here near the end of my high school career, I find myself with a lack of a college plan. I intend to live in the UK for a few years, then return here and join the military in an undecided division. The idea behind working on my fitness is that by being motivated and reaching goals in one capacity, becoming motivated in another will not seem as daunting. The basic goals are as follows: work toward the paleo diet, plan a basic workout and follow through with it, become more flexible, clean up my sleep schedule, and work on my cardio. Not too lofty, I hope? I plan on becoming a ranger. I may as well, being a jack of all trades outside of fitness as well. I'm also hoping that by actually posting this, I will feel more of a commitment and obligation to follow through with these fitness goals. Anyway, that's me! I hope to be on here often!

• Like 2