Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I found this site recently and after reading a bit decided to stop lurking and join in.  My name is Desnar and right now I live in Oklahoma and am from New York.  I'm a 2LT in the US Army and I work in Field Artillery.  I joined because I want to improve my fitness with the goal of getting into and through Ranger School.

Unlike work it's safe for me to admit I'm a nerd here.  As for my body I am 6'2 and weigh 193 lbs.  I recently converted to paleo and intermittent fasting about three weeks ago (well mostly, I gave up all grains but still eat/drink dairy and some peanuts) so I'm not over the detox completely yet.  However, I still have more energy than when I did eating all the carbs and grains I used to.

My current schedule has left me with little time on the side.  I'm in a type of specialized training now which consumes nearly all my waking life; I'm up from 4:45 AM and don't stop until about 6 or 7 PM on weekdays.  This leaves me quite drained and my current goal is to keep my energy and motivation up so I can still accomplish my goals on the side.  We PT every morning so I get at least 1 hour of exercise in the morning though it's not always enough on it's own.  Even though it started a few days ago I will be joining this 6-week challenge and starting tomorrow!

• Like 1