Forums are back in action! ×

Is fitness helping you to stop procrastinating? and be self-disciplined?

Hi friends,

Are you a procrastinator? (If yes, then fitness didn't help) 

I am an extreme procrastinator, right now, instead of just write this post and publish it, I started surfing on Internet. So, writing this took me about 20 minutes.

I have been on Martial Arts before, not for long time, but enough to know that it builds self-discipline and helps people. 

So, I was wondering, does it happen with fitness? 

I know it can change people’s life, but what happen beyond the gym and your appearance?

And I wonder if any of you could share tiny stories about how fitness improved your productivity and self-discipline to motivate me :D

Best regards

Working out can clear your mind and ease your stress levels so you can be focused and get things done. BUT you still have to make the decision to get things done. I could just as easily do a great work out and get home only to have my eyes glaze over looking at my to-do list and end up watching a movie as I could do the same workout and hammer the list out in an hour. The energy is there after feeling great physically but its up to you to have the mindset at the end.

I think workout is a great plus if you've already been productive and working toward your goal. It gives you that extra endorphin and testosterone to push through hard times, road blocks, stress, etc. 

If you want to be productive, track your work time in a week, in details, and evaluate yourself.