Forums are back in action! ×

Wisewoman seeks wisdom

This is my first post, as I have also been lurking. Not quite sure how to enter. I am a 58 year old woman living in San Francisco. Almost four years ago I went to a nutritionist who measured my resting metabolism and told me if I didn't start exercising, I would never lose weight as my base calorie burn was so low. I joined a gym and at that time couldn't do a push-up, sit up or touch my toes. I worked with trainers for 3 years off and on, learning free weights, and using much of the kinds of exercise described in NF. I definitely built some muscle and strength along the way, but haven't been able to sustain a meaningful diet plan. Last year my husband and I traveled in Europe for a couple of months and I kept my exercise going with my own version of a hotel workout - a 30 minute walk/squat/lunge routine involving liters of water for a little hand weight. Done in parks from Paris to Copenhagen. The best part has been the change in my posture. But as a wise man said, you can't outrun your fork. I'm entering the challenge because I hope to find a path to lose at least 30 pounds so that my body better matches who I am inside. I wish there were a guild for Wizards, as I would choose that path. To me, wizards have a little of all the others - like Warriors they are trained for battle, like Scouts they are close observers of the world, traveled as rangers, understand the spiritual side (Druid), and knowledgeable about the dark as assassins. And often old, as I plan to be for a very long time....

• Like 1

Hi ya there! I am 48yr gal. It really does get harder as you get older. At least for me, I have much less room to cheat in my food before I gain weight.  What fun, doing a hotel workout across Europe! Hope we can give you the accountability to stick to diet plan

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I am surprised at how much relief I find with NF - like I just found my tribe. My friends and my sisters are all much smaller than me, height and weight, so the don't really understand.

48 is a great time to do this. You are wise to work on it now.

How much cheating can you do? I work pretty hard just to stay static. Which annoys me.

I am surprised at how much relief I find with NF - like I just found my tribe. My friends and my sisters are all much smaller than me, height and weight, so the don't really understand.

48 is a great time to do this. You are wise to work on it now.

How much cheating can you do? I work pretty hard just to stay static. Which annoys me.

Just don't cheat because the only person you will be cheating is YOU!. I know this from experiance, I have been there done that, bought the t shirt and starred in the sequal.

Just do a LCHF/paleo/primal diet, no need to feel hungry.

Nothing tastes a good as slim and fit feels

I have a sticker inside my wardrobe door, it's dated June 2011 and it says "did you screw up" nice to look at it and say "hell no".

I went from fit to shit and back and if I can then you can.

Read to success stories on here and other sites they are inspiring.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Hi Wisewoman!

If there would be a guild for Wizards, well, that would make already two to join… being the 48 years old silver-haired witch that I am, I guess I would feel comfortable there. Looking at the guilds that are existing, I tend to feel close to the assassins. 

By the way: I'm living low carb (high fat) Paleo for two years now, and it was the best thing I've ever decided to do for my health! Before Paleo, I was told many times that "women of a certain age" are doomed to slow weight loss (if any), and it is great to experience that this is not the truth. :D  

I'm pretty sure you would benefit from it, too.

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO