Forums are back in action! ×

Great blog post from best selling author Hugh Howie

I was pretty impressed by Hemsworth when I saw Thor 2 last night.

But the second thought that went through my head was: he's had three years of strength training and diet management under his belt now - which means enough time to have packed 40 lbs of lean mass on. Then I smiled, because I realized I was seeing something similar to where I might be three years from now.

The first thought I had incidentally was: Jesus Christ that man is beautiful; he gets to play life on easy mode. Lucky bastard.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

If you follow the links on that site, there's also some really good examples of just how far airbrushing/ photoshop-ing goes in our media.  Quite ridiculous and very worth reading.

Very interesting link, thanks Groove ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I could totally look like Chris within the next few years. If I had a Y chromosome and was 10" taller :\

I dunno. I've been "comparing up" and giving myself unrealistic fitness goals for the last few years and it's worked relatively well. If I know from the get-go that a goal (say, the elusive single-digit body fat percentage) is unrealistic, I won't be so hard on myself when I find out that I can't quite attain it. I will feel proud of myself for getting close to it, though, and will continue to strive to achieve it, just in case I can get a little bit closer by tweaking a lifestyle habit here or there (and believe me, I can think of at least three major lifestyle habits to tweak off the top of my head right now.)

It's like an asymptote: I get closer and closer to the unrealistic goal and never reach it...but I can still look (and feel!) damn good getting closer and closer XD

Also:

"I think what is healthy is to hear how an actor suffers in order to fool us for just a moment or two."

Suffer? Working out is supposed to be fun. Sure, it's temporary suffering, but you gotta' admit that the post-workout feeling is a pretty damned good one B)

I could totally look like Chris within the next few years. If I had a Y chromosome and was 10" taller :\

I dunno. I've been "comparing up" and giving myself unrealistic fitness goals for the last few years and it's worked relatively well. If I know from the get-go that a goal (say, the elusive single-digit body fat percentage) is unrealistic, I won't be so hard on myself when I find out that I can't quite attain it. I will feel proud of myself for getting close to it, though, and will continue to strive to achieve it, just in case I can get a little bit closer by tweaking a lifestyle habit here or there (and believe me, I can think of at least three major lifestyle habits to tweak off the top of my head right now.)

It's like an asymptote: I get closer and closer to the unrealistic goal and never reach it...but I can still look (and feel!) damn good getting closer and closer XD

Also:

"I think what is healthy is to hear how an actor suffers in order to fool us for just a moment or two."

Suffer? Working out is supposed to be fun. Sure, it's temporary suffering, but you gotta' admit that the post-workout feeling is a pretty damned good one B)

The difference between you and a lot of people, is that you don't make it and are proud that you got close, realizing that it was a damn near impossible goal to begin with...

Others won't make it and they give up completely.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)