Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! My name is Sean from the Sacramento area. I started lifting/running when I was a junior in high school, (lost 80 lbs!) but then I have tapered off ever since then and have gained almost all of my weight back. After looking through this site I decided to join a community to stay motivated and keep me on track. 

I know that one of my glaring weaknesses is my diet. When I was a young 17 year old I could eat what ever, and as long as I stopped drinking soda I would lose weight. Now as a 28 year old I am starting to see that metabolism buff wash away. When I used to live at home I didn't have to cook, or pay for the food bill so now I am lazy and go out almost every night. Also I quit soda only to pick up a new drink... beer! 

I am going to start the Paleo diet, as well as keep up with a regular strength training program. The guild challenges sound fun so ill be looking forward to join one. Anyway just wanted to post a quick intro and say hey!

• Like 1

"Hey!" back at ya ;)

Yeah, good beer is my kryptonite :( (well... Good gin too if I'm honest, lol!) Best of luck with the goals, eating right is 80% of the battle. See ya around!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Haha good to hear I'm not the only one with a weakness for ale. I took it one step further by brewing my own, and its going to be a challenge to ignore the 5 gallons sitting in my garage....  :nightmare:  must stay focused! Ill try and bottle as much as I can, see how long I can "age" my homebrew. Thanks for the support!

Hmmm... Yeah, I've tried home-brewing. Not very successfully I might add. I mean it's drinkable, just not exactly award winning ;)

I once bought my husband a keg (72 pints) of real ale for Christmas. Once opened we had 10 days to drink it all..... That was a good festive season that year! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously