Forums are back in action! ×

Excellent lower back workout: shoveling snow

I live in New England too and the shoveling has been brutal this year.

I can use the blower on most of the driveway but the town plow kicks up a nice 2 foot bank at the foot of the driveway I have to shovel out by hand. About a month ago i had no place to pile it anymore, I had to hand tote the shovel loads half way down the driveway and dump them on the lawn!

The last storm we had a mix of ice and snow, plow went by late and left these 40-50 pound chunks of snow and ice. I had to hand carry these snow boulders away. Now I know what the slaves felt like hand toting pyramid bricks.

• Like 2

It's also a workout for patience and anger management every time the plow drives by and shoves a mountain of snow back into the end of your drive way.

I hear ya about having no more room to pile it. A few weeks ago there were 8-foot snow banks here. We've had to resort to shoveling all the leftover snow in the back of the pick-up truck, driving it to the nearest grocery store parking lot, and shoveling the snow out of the truck and onto the snow banks there lol.