Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd Fitness was shown to me about two years ago and I've been reading it on and off for a while.  

My story:

I'm ready to get serious about getting in shape.  Back in 2008 I gained a lot of weight while preparing for college, and over the course of the four years there I gained 110 lbs.  I had always been slightly pudgy in high school, I highly doubt my body will ever be tiny, but only time will tell.  My weight had maintained itself for a while during my last year (2011-2012), pasta almost every night, but I walked for three hours at least each day.  Walked to class, to work, and then uptown for D&D/Pathfinders.  Living with a boyfriend who tried to make everything into exercise.  But when winter hit we started accepting car rides, as my exercise levels went down, my appetite stayed the same, and my weight went up.  

A few months later he and I had a bad break up. It's been a few years since, I've made a relationship with someone else, but as much as he and I talk about losing weight and getting healthy together I know I cannot put it off saying I'm waiting for him. Since graduating from college I've lost 40lbs and am down to 250.

Another thing that's going to make this an interesting journey is I'm in therapy, for an eating disorder.  I've never had a healthy relationship with food.  In fact tomorrow I have a therapy appointment right after a meeting with a dietitian.  

My plan:

Is to incorporate the paleo diet and once I'm good and comfortable with that I'm going to get more serious about exercise.  I've been eyeing parkour.  Guess that makes me leaning towards the assassin profession.

To incorporate that diet I'm working on the grains, and then dairy.

While working on the diet part, and before I get a work out routine going, I'm playing DDR every other day or two.

It's hard right now as I'm living with family, but am moving out in three weeks.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

• Like 2

Welcome to the rebellion! I'll give you an unofficial greeting from the Assassin's Guild. After reading your post, I really appreciate your resolve. You sound like you've come to a very deliberate decision. I wish you the best in changing your habits and working toward new things. It's always difficult, but I think you've got this.

Level 3 Half-Elf Assassin

STR= 9.5  DEX= 14  STA=4  CON=3  WIS=3  CHA=2

Current Challenge

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't... you're right."  ~Henry Ford

Hey, welcome on board. I love the fact that you're trying to build a positive relationship with food, that's probably the one thing that will make the biggest change to your life.

Love the positive attitude too. You go girl! xx

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Congrats on starting your journey and not waiting. Most people would use that alone as an excuse to not work towards a goal. Also good choice on developing a healthy relationship towards food. I don't know how many times I have heard something is bad and the best they can do is I heard it from someone. That is not the correct method to building a positive relationship towards anything and you have made a start in the right direction by being aware of an eating disorder. This in itself is quite a feat as most would just deny anything is wrong. Best of luck on your journey.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust