Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone trying to stop smoking?

Hi, I'm Gemma. I've had amazing weight loss by cutting out carbs and sugar. And intermittent fasting.

I had a baby 10 weeks ago and in that time I have gone from almost 12 stone to 8 and a half stone. I started smoking a week after the birth having stopped for 3 years.

I'm now addicted again and worried about quitting incase I gain weight.

Any success stories or advice? I'm sure the reason I've been able to resist eating junk is because I am smoking instead. I'm worried I'll pile it back on.

• Like 1

New to this site so sorry if this is posted twice. If you have insurance ask your doctor about welbutran(*spelling). I've been smoke free for almost a month and no cravings, which is saying a lot because I have 4 very wild boys all under 8 years old. Good luck :)

Wellbutrin is what you're talking about. Or Zyban is the lower dose they usually prescribe to quit smoking. I've been on it for 8 months for depression and I would say that it reduces cravings, but when you really want one you still REALLY want one. I've thought that lifting heavy weights would theoretically help with quitting smoking, because you can basically eat all the time and not gain fat. Thus, eating and not wanting to smoke (as much).

Oh god Zyban! I tried it years ago that's how I gave up. Zyban is the brand name for Wellbutrin. It was fantastic... I do wonder how it works because I just went off smoking just like that. Very strange. Unfortunately it's been banned here in the uk. Too many bad reactions. The leaflet on possible side effects were scary! Well done for stopping, don't even have one or you will be back in the trap

Sadly, I have no advice, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck in quitting.

I have a little one as well, though he is already so big at 1.5yo!  They can be incredible motivators, perhaps you should carry a picture of him/her and take a peek before you light up.  Might make you think twice?

Huh, gave you advice anyway.  Sorry if it sucks!

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1