Forums are back in action! ×

Good day from lovely Sing-Sing

Not the prision, the town.

Hi.

I am quite fat.

This occured due to the magic of puberty at the age of 9.  Something about being the only girl with a set of hips kinda makes you want to curl up into a ball and never move and inch.  That plus the ravenous diet of a preteen girl and I put on weight rather swiftly.

It took a long time, but I finally became comfortable with my chubby self.  Mostly, because I figured this was it.  My teenage years were supposed to be my fittest and if I was a blob then, well, would could I expect at 30?

I went about being generally awesome.  Earned my degree in molecular biology, got my dream job as a lab rat, even did normalish things like get married.

Then, I had a kid.

Smushie changed quite a bit.  All of a sudden I am not happy being slow and sluggish.  I am not happy being tired and wide.  I want more for myself, and for him. 

I don't want my son to have a weak mother.

And so, when Smush was a little over a year old I found NF.  I am only about 4 months in (off and on, THANKS ENDLESS COLDS) but I can already tell my strength and stamina have gone up.

I don't know what "race" or "guild" I belong to.  I am an old school nerd.  One that reads popsci at bedtime and enjoys a good documentary over Star Wars, but I still feel like I belong here.  Maybe with a little bit of help I will find my place. 

Thanks much,

Crazy (34-ish, F)

• Like 2

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hey! Good to have you here!

Don't worry about all the RPG stuff, it's not everyone's cup of tea and you can still get a LOT out of the forum without ever getting into that stuff.

LOVE that you want to get stronger for your son. It's hard work, and takes time. Just don't get discouraged. I've lost about 50lbs now, and got fitter & stronger and it's the best feeling in the world. I imagine that running around and playing with your son will be the worlds greatest reward for all the hard work.

Hope to see you around the boards :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Getting fit for your kid is very cool, and I think kind of a common theme around here from what I'm seeing (myself included). Also, is the dog in your avatar pic wearing a Jayne Cobb hat? Because that's awesome.

It would be even better is a boat load of money falls from his ship. I too shall start singing songs to this dog. Now with that being said I welcome you to the forums. It should come as no surprise that I believe most teens feel that they are doomed to a life of being overweight while in school. I know I used to think that way but as we all know wisdom comes with age. That and the knowledge that high school is not the end all, be all of life. Some people realize this all too late, if ever, but clearly you are one of the lucky ones to realize this so early. With your kid being your motivation I have no doubt you will reach any goal you aim for. Good Luck.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Thank you all.

Guzzi, I've read your story, it's nothing short of amazing.  Getting the seal of approval from you is worth the price of admission.  I do enjoy running around with the Smush, and I think I will enjoy it all the more when I am better able to keep up!

Charlando, Yes, that is my dearly departed Bug wearing a Jayne hat that I knit for a friend's kid a few years back.  I thought it would be appreciated here!  As of now no ballads have be written about the dog, but I am willing to take submissions

Rassidan, I am flattered that you find 34 to be an early discovery!  I never got depressed about the prospect of being a fat chick, I just accepted it and moved on.  One keeps hearing that "you need to make these changes for yourself" but I just never cared enough to make them.  I am otherwise healthy so meh.  Amazing what kids can do!  As for money falling from the spaceship, I assure you, Bug dropped lots of "treasure" but I don't know if you would want to pick any up!

Calen Maethor, Agreed.

• Like 1

Crazyjerseygirl, I asked my sister, and it turns out my hat is knitted from mohair. I don't know what that is, but she picked it for the fuzzy look it had. The itchiness is just an unfortunate side-effect of the fuzziness I suppose.

Ach, yeah mohair is pretty much just the itchiness thing around, sorry!

You can have it lined, otherwise it can't be helped.  Must look awesome though, mohair is gorgeous but makes me sneeze!

• Like 1

Ach, yeah mohair is pretty much just the itchiness thing around, sorry!

You can have it lined, otherwise it can't be helped.  Must look awesome though, mohair is gorgeous but makes me sneeze!

Nuts. I guess lining it is the way to go. Maybe I can talk her into doing that for me. It does look super awesome, but the itchiness is MADDENING! Thanks for the advice :)

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Assassin

STR 3 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 2 - WIS 2 - CHA 1

My first Challenge My Second Challenge