Forums are back in action! ×

My WOOOOOT Log

This is my first "woot". The "Small Things" post has inspired me to celebrate more. :) Like Lady WildRoss, I think I'll just keep all my woots in one place, so...here it goes.

I joined the Rebellion in November (2013). I started out at 186.2# and 36.3% body fat. I am now at 165.4# and 32.5% body fat (it was lower at the very beginning of the year, I've been slacking a bit since the holidays and have lost some muscle :( ).

I got a pair of Vibrams for Christmas and wear them almost every day. (I'm in Utah and the weather's been kind of bad. Since I've found a puddle leaves my foot soaked and feeling gross, it hasn't been worth the effort some days.) I love them...especially when I run.

I installed f.lux on my computer and learned how to jailbreak my iPhone so I could get it there, as well.

This year, I tried quinoa for the first time. I love it. We try to avoid grains for the most part, but sometimes we substitute quinoa when we can (we like it with our beef stroganoff, for example, though sometimes we eat stroganoff without any starch at all). I also always have nuts in the pantry. Right now, I have macadamia nuts on hand. Nom, nom, nom.

I buy almost all organic veggies (some fruits, too). We switched to whole milk (tried almond and coconut...not huge fans of either). I also bought my first jar of coconut oil a couple of weeks ago. It's been great for cooking. Also, it's been great for me and baby's dry skin. :)

I switched all my chocolate to ultra dark (at least 70% cocoa). I also *usually* have it only sparingly, these days. LoL

It's rare for me not to have at least two servings of vegetables a day. May not sound like much, but I used to go whole days without any at all.

I started adding whey protein powder to my morning glass of milk (breakfast is the hardest meal for us to consistently make time for...doesn't help that our little one has a possible egg allergy and should avoid them until age two, when we'll test again).

I took like three naps last week and it felt GREAT!

I had to buy a new pair of pants around Christmas because my old ones (the ones I bought after our son was born) were too big. Also, I fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes (I'm already below my pre-pregnancy weight).

I learned how to wrap my "baby" this week. I wore him (all 22 pounds) for about a mile walk yesterday and while grocery shopping today.

People have been complimenting me on my weight loss. In fact, when I posted a pic of me wearing my son, several of my friends said how great I'm looking. :) Most of them haven't seen me for a while, though.

I have a binder for my recipes and workout logs.

I researched martial arts, recently. Some day, I want to feel more confident in my ability to defend myself. I found a semi-local Krav Maga class. I think when I start, I'll start there. Once I feel pretty good about my skills (I'll have to play that by ear), I might try íƒœê¶Œë„ (Tae Kwon Do). I served a church mission in Korea and I think I might enjoy learning about Tae Kwon Do, from a cultural aspect. I WISH I could look into Hapkido, but I can't find a class in my area.

I started doing Primal Blueprint Fitness. I have only done one sprint session so far. Each sprint interval, I could only cover half a straightaway on the track in about 15 seconds. Despite that, I felt light and quick. I've never felt that when running before.

With PB Fitness, I learned how to properly squat (and it was then reinforced by Staci's post about it--thanks, btw). I took weight lifting in high school, lifted sometimes with my swim team, and even dated a body builder. He commented once on how far I lean forward, but couldn't pinpoint what I was doing "wrong". I never knew I WAS doing it wrong. About a year ago, I squatted to pick something up, while holding my son, and I experienced a searing pain in my right knee. It still flares up once in a while. Anyway, now I know why. I've been torturing it with bad form all these years! I'm now working my way up to mastering a body weight squat. It feels so much better...can't wait to be able to comfortably sit in a "kimchi squat", as us American missionaries used to call it.

Also with PB fitness, I'm working towards mastering the push-up, pull-up, and plank. I have never done a pull-up, unassisted. That would be so cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, now, but I don't think so!

That's a lot of W00t.  Sounds like you're on a great track!  Keep up the good work and never stop celebrating your victories.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3