Forums are back in action! ×

Getting sleepy while working out

Right, I have this really weird thing going on. I guess it'll pass with time, but right now I'm very much in the beginning of my getting fitter/healthier, and it annoys me.

In the middle of my workout (strength training or running doesn't matter) i get sleepy and start yawning like there was no tomorrow.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Does/did anyone else have this problem?

This used to happen to me quite a bit, actually--jaw-cracking yawns in the middle of my workouts. I found it very strange. I didn't actually feel like I had low energy and it didn't seem to effect my performance, it was just weird.

Eventually it passed and doesn't happen any more. Could be the same for you. Of course, it would also probably be worthwhile to take a look at your sleep, nutrition, recovery, hydration, etc and see if a bit of a tweak here and there might do you some good.

Myeah, my sleep, nutrition and so on is pretty solid. I cook my own food (not paleo though, but I know what I put in), stay away from soft drinks and sugar on the whole and sleep between 7 and 8 hours per night.

I hope it'll pass somewhat soon. It feels weird. Do you remember how long it took?

Skickat från min SM-T210 via Tapatalk

Yeah.... I had this for a while too. It was weird, every time I trained I started yawning, even though I wasn't tired the rest of the time. It passed pretty quick though... Can't remember exactly how long it took, but certainly hadn't happened for a long time.

I think it was just my body responding to quite a rapid change in what was being asked of it.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously