Forums are back in action! ×

Cholesterol!

I haven't been to a doctor other than going to the urgent care my entire adult life. I had my cholesterol and stuff tested like 5 or 6 years ago at my last job as part of a wellness thing for our insurance though and my HDL was 39 (they like it to be over 40) and my LDL was over 100, somewhere around 110 (they like it to be less than 100)

I'm going to a naturopath now and she sent me to get labs done and my total cholesterol came back just under 200, HDL is now 89, and LDL is in the 80's as well. So happy about that. My thyroid is also right smack in the middle of the normal range and all my other labs look good too. Hooray! Now I just need to figure out what's causing my psoriasis!

• Like 2

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

What was your triglyceride level? LDL is irrelevant without looking at triglycerides as well. I'll spare you the biochem unless you want it.

Well done on getting everything in line. As for psoriasis, my wife's seems to be tied closely to stress and strength training. Since she has been training hard her psoriasis has largely cleared up except for some on her scalp.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Grats on your good cholesterol levels! 

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)