Forums are back in action! ×

Hello people of the rebellion!

My name is Tom and I am from Australia.  I have always struggled with my weight from an early age, from being extremely overweight from over eating and under exercising to being underweight and fuelled by a diet of alcohol and bananas and over exercising with running. (Strange I know.) 

I also suffer from anxiety and I find my appearance makes me feel incredibly anxious around other people. This year I decided to make a huge change in my life and got into university to study Science (I have a huge interest in Genetics and Immunology). I also took up Fencing and have found that I have a huge passion for it. 

Since I don't like how my body looks and I would like to feel strong and manage a back injury I suffered, I decided to join up at a gym and begin to better my health, my life, and my body whilst at the same time improving my brain with study. 

So here I am, joining the rebellion, nervous as all hell but excited to become apart of this community.

Stats.

Weight: 85kg - 187 lbs

Height: 181 cm - 5'11

Strength .

Push Up max - 10      (Goal - 50)

Pull up max - 6           (Goal - 20)

Agility/Endurance

Maximum distance ran - 2km   (Goal - 5km)

Beep test Score - N/A               (Goal - 6.5)

Intelligence/Spirit/Discipline (Goals to achieve)

- Form a good sleeping routine

- Form good study habits

- stop drinking alcohol altogether

- stop drinking coffee ( Kind of addicted at the moment)

- Move to be fully vegetarian (only partially at the moment)

- drink ore water

- work on stress management

- grow my own vegetables

- stop eating processed foods.

• Like 2

Hey! You're nervous about joining us.... Why? Did someone tell you about the initiation ceremony? I mean... It's not as bad as it sounds, really! And the scars hardly show after the first 6 months....

Hahaha! Sorry, couldn't help it ;)

This place is great, you couldn't get a more genuine group of people. I was really nervous about whether I'd fit in when I joined up, was a quiet timid little mouse, only toe dipping for ages. Look at me now, my mum would be proud! :D

I love that you found a sport that you have a real passion for, that in itself will make a huge difference to your motivation and spur you on. You can totally do this, with us lot behind you... How could you ever doubt it! :D

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

G'day mate, welcome to the Rebellion. Quite a few of us Aussies here. Take a good look around the forums, learn heaps, get involved. We are halfway into the current challenge so you can't officially join it. But that doesn't matter set up a short mini challenge to get the hang of things. Jump in on the Adventurer's guild in the current challenge. Some damn great folk in there, and they can help you out. 

I am based in Wagga NSW now, but I have lived in SA and am a former Sandgroper. 

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Woah, Australia is taking overr! 

Yeah, there are a growing number of us :)

You are definitely in a position where you can make some great changes, and you even have a clear path of where you want to go, which is a crucial first step. Don't take on too much at once, but definitely create yourself a mini challenge where you can get an idea of how we play here at the Rebellion. 

It's fun, I promise you. :)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit