Forums are back in action! ×

If I was a character in Star wars I be Han Solo. Why? Because like him I had no intentions of getting mixed up in any of this "rebellion" stuff, but I fell for the Princess and....well, there is only one path from there.

I know what you're thinking....but you're wrong.

The princess is my Dear Daughter Brookes Shadow Mist. Brooke has found her health and environment as Jabba the Hut has found his (ok, not 'that' bad but you get the idea). At the tender age of 11 our heroin found herself in a dungeon of darkness and wished to free herself of the 40 lb shackles that tied her to er captors floor. Perhaps then she could begin to practice making herself strong, and eventually climb her way out.

A mother loves her daughter and I was able to send her a droid with a message, "take courage. There is a way. But you must look for the 'force' it will come from within and then, you will be ready for your training".

Last September Brooks Shadow Mist found her inner strength! To this day she has accomplished the great feet of freeing herself from one of her 20lb shackles, and uses her efforts to strengthen herself fortified with the knowledge she's half way there.

But the length of these quests can become a heavy burden, and so we look continually for lost or hidden talismans to keep our hearts strong and our minds pure.

So, I find myself here. Seeking talismans for our most honorable of quests. The quest to freedom. In the name of love.

Angie J

• Like 1

I <3 you!

That. Is. Awesome! Your daughter sounds amazing, massive love to her. There's so much to be gained from this site, and I'm sure you'll bring plenty to the table yourself. Look forward to seeing you around! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

The little princess was I'll the last 2 days and was unable to continue her training. I was deathly afraid for her as she was feverish and had a cough that seemed to cause her great pain (though she tried to hide her discomfort).

I had heard whisperings from the sages that there was a stream that flowed through a small hidden dell at the edge of a distant territory. Fortunately for me i have a companion that allows me to climb upon his noble back and he was more than willing to carry me under his thundering hooves.

We found entrance to the dell, and listened for the babbling brook where we collected its healing waters.

Upon receiving the precious Mountain Dew, the princess smiles with the pink returning to her cheeks, and rolled over and had a nap. She slept soundly and I knew tomorrow would be a better day.

• Like 1

The little Princess began to wake from her restless sleep finally. It took some time for the grey to leave er countenance but a spark began to shine once again behind her bright eyes.

Today she seemed strong enough to begin climbing the broken stairs from the dungeon. She found the stairs enchanted and no matter how she climbed it always appeared that she never progressed beyond the first floor. Her mind became confused but she felt the muscles in her legs shaking and she could hear her breath laboring and was aware that if she continued to climb, that her efforts would find an end to her frustrations, because all thing come to an end.

And so it did! She began to hear the call of bells far of "perhaps there will be a nearby village where I can take refuge" she hoped! The air warmed and although the stairs still appeared to have taken her no farther from where she had started, she could see the tunnel brightening! One more step, and her head suddenly popped out into the sun. The effort had paid off. The long climb was over!!! She laid on the hard ground and rested, letting her breath slow and told herself "I will never do stairs again!"

Yeah, it was just to cold to go outside and do hill work after her chest cold. She really was not into running stairs 'at all'...lol and was pretty delighted to hear the kitchen timer signaling the tasks completion. But she's back in the 'work out' grove again.

The Princess gathered her strength back in her legs and tested out her ability to stand, then step by step to walk.  She was glad to feel the sunshine on her face again even though the coming spring air still carried a slight nip.  To warm herself she began to walk more briskly as she made her way towards the distant town she percieved would be present if she followed the tolling of the distant bells.  She walked with little purpose as she enjoyed the sights and sounds, the colors of they sky and the shapings of the clouds. "Ahhh, to be free again", she thought. 

But in such foreign places one must not walk so freely, so distractdly.  She was startled by a sudden snapping of some brush much too close.  She turned to find she was being persued by a Dragon, small and red but approaching with great speed and purpose!  Panic hit her and she began to pace herself while scanning the foreground for a place to conceal herself.  Nothng.  This was a small and agile dragon and it would be able to follow easily. 

They went on for some time this way and the Princess was falling short of being able to pace herself, her breath and stamina had become short over her time in captivity.  The dragon gained.  And gained;  Until it was so close the Princess could feel it's hot breath on her back (at least it wasn't fire).

The dragon gained to the point that it began to pass the Princess and they went on this way for a short time before the Princess mustered up the bravery to look the Dragon directly in the entrancing eyes, where, as is the ability of dragons, all was revealed.  The princess slowed to a more quiet jog and the dragon followed suit.  A warmth fell over her as she understood the dragon was not there to chase and to enslave, but rather to encourage and to guide the Princess along on her way.  They both began to walk then.  Each silent in their own self.  Each pondering the way the two would best join forces to build their individual strengths into one.

I had to push the Princess on our hill work today.  In the end she found her first burst of residual energy aftera work out.  And she liked it and formed her 'own' plan for the remainder of our weeks challenge.  No more dragon chasing her, I can now join her in her own plan.

• Like 1