Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel From West Palm Beach

Hey  All, 

I have been looking at the rebel fitness site for a couple weeks and finally decided to check out the forums, and I am happy that I did. It seems to me that you guys are a pretty great group and you seem super helpful. My name is David and I am from West Palm Beach, and I want to get healthier and stronger. I used to work out every day in high school, I wrestled, lifted weights and after graduation used to ride my bike 15-20 miles daily for exercise. But now after being at my current job for over two years it's time for a change. As you can probably tell from my user name I am a chef and I work at an upscale restaurant in my town. So needless to say I went from a pretty in shape guy, to a guy with a gut. I mean you have to taste the food right lol! But now is the time for change last week I started going to the gym and I haven't been happier in a long time. I really enjoy lifting but at the moment i can't lift very much. I'm about 185 and I can barely bench 65 lbs. So there is lots of work to do. My future goals are to be able to bench at least my body weight and be a lot stronger in the gym, a lot faster on my bike, and to learn to swim well enough to actually start doing triathalons. So any help you guys can provide to me would be awesome! I hope to one day be an inspiration on the front page of this web site and to people all around the fitness community. So please feel free to be candid with me about any suggestions you have for me and to ask me lots of questions if there is anything I can help you with!

David 
ThisBrokeChef

• Like 1

Haha! Welcome on board. Your goals sound pretty good, though I have to warn you, you've got some pretty stiff competition for the success stories section on the main site. There's a shit-load of very inspirational people on here. :D

All the best with the fitness goals ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously