Forums are back in action! ×

Motorbike lesson - EPIC!!!

So today I had my second motorbike lesson and I had to practice doing an emergency break. One time I stopped really quickly and my instructor came walking up to me, saying: "Yeah, you should make sure you're looking further away, not so much downwards. But I must say, your break was really neat." So of course I was already happy with that, but then he continued: "And you know what, you lifted your hind wheel about this much from the ground." He showed me with his hands that it was about 10 to 20 cm. I think it was closer to 20 cm. 

So... I've made my first stoppie! And that with my 2nd driving lesson already! I am so happy and so excited and I started to squee and jump spontaneously. My instructor smiled at my excitement, but I have this idea he must think I'm a complete retard, because I squeed so much. But HOLY MOLY I was sooooo happy!

And that's my reason to w00t. :D WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! Stoppies FTW!

If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default.

Hey! You did it! I remember you saying that you wanted to take lessons. So glad you enjoyed it :D Kudos on the stoppie ;)

Don't know if it's feasible for you or not, but once you get the hang of how to ride on Tarmac, it's a great thing to get some experience off road. Not motocross type stuff, more slow speed work like trials riding. It gives you a whole new experience level when it comes to balance, throttle control, and grip (or more importantly, lack thereof).

Everything you learn off road, if you do try it, will make you a better rider on road ;)

Keep us updated on your progress!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Niiice

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Whoops, double posted

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)