Forums are back in action! ×

New to nerdfitness from Northern California ( bay area )

Hello everyone my name is Justin and i'm new to these forums here at nerdfitness.

Ive been working out for a long time now but always taking breaks and not really committing depending if my friends are into it or if im not feeling lazy. Everytime I went to the gym I would mainly do isolation exercises to get all my "show off" upper body muscles to get bigger and toner. I'm about 6'1 185 lbs roughyl and I remember the hardest time I had working out was gaining muscle with my skinny physique and it took me a while to get any solid muscle. Now i'm at a good portion but being 28 now, Im noticing my metabolism has started to die. My normally skinny ab showing stomach was getting some flab and no matter what I did I couldnt get rid of that belly fat.

I'm currently a dentist and sitting around all day really hutr my working out regimen. Its very important that my core and everything is strong so I do not develop back problems as well as you know,  I want to look sexy as hell and be fit in turn.

Reading nerdfitness has helped my life tremendously in my workouts alone. Im a science nerd and I like learning why I do things and how they work on both a physiological and mental level. Focusing on deadlifts and squats alone has improved my power and workouts so that everything is balanced. Ive read many of your blogs and pretty much read every article I need to setup my workout routine ( I think ) so I decided to join this forum to get to know the community and see if there are any tweaks I can do to my workout regiment.

I am still trying to get rid of that lower belly fat to have those amazing abs but I feel like i'm plateuing. I read the article about that and I just need to be persistent but was wondering if anyone had tips? Ive only been doing this for about THREE weeks so I can understand if people tell me I'm way too early to be worrying about that stuff but i'm trying to set a deadline for myseinf in a month and a half for a vegas pool getaway >_>

My Current workout regimen is mostly just deadlifts, squats, bench press, pull/chin ups, a few ab exercises, and some isolationg exercises so I feel pumped

My Diet is somewhat like paleo but I mostly stick to fish like tilapia, vegetables, and low carb (brown rice on occasion)

This is a long read but thank you and I hope to see you guys around these forums

Justin

• Like 1