Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new to the forums, so here is the obligatory newbie post...

I'm an 30yo Aussie girl now living in the UK with my fiancée (322 days until our civil partnership, eek!).

I spent most of my 20s 10-20kg overweight, miserable, with chronic back/shoulder/neck pain. In the last few years I've addressed the "miserable" bit and with that out of the way I've been able to start looking at the weight and pain issues. Since February I've been following something very similar to a Paleo diet (based on the book "Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet Book") and have so far lost 26lb of the 42lb I need to lose to have a healthy BMI. I'm aiming for somewhere in the 120lbs to begin with.

When I started to change my diet I was hobbling with a running injury as well as the chronic pain. Now that I've slimmed down a bit and had some treatment for my foot both problems are easing and I'm going to be able to start exercising again. I stumbled across this site looking for inspiration, and being rather a lot of a geek I couldn't resist it hehe.

I want to be slim and fit, without aggravating any of the 'grumpy' parts of my body... will try anything once!

"Verily by beauty it is that we come at wisdom, yet not by reason at beauty;"