Forums are back in action! ×

Hello there everybody!

My name is Vitor, I'm a 25 years old guy and very out of shape. I love martial arts and as a kid I trained judo and capoeira, as an adult I trained kung fu, karate and mainly aikido. But I was never really good at any of these, maybe the best level I got was "not embarassing".

Also, early this year I found out I'm a type 2 diabetic, so since then I cut sugar out from my diet completely, and have been going easy on carbs. I have been losing weight this way but I know I can do even better. I want to be healthy and I'll do whatever I can to reach this goal.

Also I have been a vegetarian since 2004, so the paleo diet may not fit me well (I know about veggie paleo, but I don't think it can actually be called paleo). But I am progressively cutting out carbs and increasing proteins.

I'm also a nerd, I work with IT and love computer programming, I actually like physics and math, and even biology!

As for taking concrete actions towards my goal, I actually started the beginner bodyweight workout two days ago and could barely finish the third circuit, only 9 push ups and 16 lunges :(

I still need to measure my body fat %, but whatever it is I want to lower it to a single digit, just don't know what a realistic time would be...

Currently my goal is to double up all the reps and do 5 circuits by the end of 2011. What do you guys think? Is it doable? Am I dreaming too high? Too low? I apreciate any input.

Oh, my weight is 76.9 Kg and my height is 175 cm.

Welcome! Grats for starting!

Do you want to double up on the reps for the beginner body weight circuit? Because when that gets easy there's an advanced one! Just looking at it makes me tired!

I will say this, you've started, and that's awesome.

If you do stick with the beginner body weight routine, work towards finishing with good form, first. Then, once you finish, you can work towards getting faster and stronger. See if you can beat your old times. Up your dumbbell weight. When (ans if) the three circuits become easy, then think about moving to the advanced, or trying to change out the exercises to challenge yourself.

As far as upping the reps and circuits, remember: quality over quantity. Work on faster and stronger instead of more. You want to work toward being good and tired at the end of 3 circuits.