Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!

I found this website through a Google search for 'cosplay workout' and was super surprised that something like this existed. This all started from my putting together a Gamora costume for Dallas Comic Con and when I tried on the main components of the outfit, all I could see was how awful I looked and then I started to feel horrid about myself.

Basically I'm looking for a fitness routine and/or diet plan that I will stick to and see the results that I've been battling to get to for the past four years. I'm also looking for friends who enjoy the same things I do and will encourage me to keep going when I feel like quitting.

These are my goals, short and long term:

Short term:

• Start going to the gym 4-5 days a week, no exceptions and no excuses
  • Find a fitness plan  that will work for me, that I like and will help me see results
  • Find a consistent eating plan that I can stick to without feeling like I'm starving all the time
  • Lose enough weight that I feel confident in my Gamora costume

Long term:

• Lose 20-30 pounds by August so I will be confident for Cabaret auditions
  • Find confidence and happiness in myself instead of food or laziness
  • Find friends who encourage, uplift and help along the way.
  • Not be so dependent on sugar and junk food to get by.

Some of these are a little more personal than others, but I hope that I can find a group on here that will help be obtain these goals and get to a good life level.

• Like 2

"You get what everyone else gets...you get a lifetime."

-Dream, The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes

Hi, welcome to the Rebellion! I'm new here, so I don't have much specific advice to offer, but I will say that all the folks I've interacted with in the last week and a half have been very helpful and supportive. You've come to the right place.

Your goals look solid and specific, which seems like a very good start. Keep at it!

BTW, dig the Sandman quote in your sig. 

• Like 1

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Assassin

STR 3 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 2 - WIS 2 - CHA 1

My first Challenge My Second Challenge

4-5 days is a lot of days to go to the gym if you're just starting out.

2-3 tends to be better and more successful, especially if you're adding dietary changes as well. If you're already accustomed to going, then never mind

The main thing is that going from nothing to that much makes it harder to go at all, and generally if someone has decided to go four times a week, and can't do it, then they just don't go at all. It's better to succeed at going 2-3 days a week than it is to fail at going 4-5.

For weight loss, from my experience and many others, it's all about diet. Again, remember gradual improvements last. While trying to push to much tends to cause backslides. This is also from experience. 80-90% paleo I could do after working up to it. Whole 30.. I ended up eating fast food... a lot. Because it ends up being all or nothing.

• Like 1