Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everybody, greetings from Holland!

My handle is peelwandelaar, I live in Helmond, the Netherlands, and I'm 45 years of age, allthough if asked I'm still 27 :) Peelwandelaar bytheway can be literally translated as "he who walks de Peel", de Peel being the county I come from. I stumbled upon Nerdfitness researching the Paleo diet, which I'm following some 2 months at this time. After reading more about the Rebellion, I decided to join and level my life up too!

Speaking of levels, I like to think I passed a few of them on the way here. I started out some 3 years ago after a 7 year period of total inactivity, set out with 310 pounds on me (I'm 6'5''), gradually, trough a lot of training of predominantly cycling, and a second life as a karateka (I guess I already know my guild, haha), managed to lose 45 pounds to my current 265. At this moment I'm cycling about 150 miles a week off season, and 215 in season to and from work and the dojo, and train karate-do lessons 3-4 times a week. The fact that I have a full time job working odd hours in security sometimes wreaks havoc on my training schedule (and also my diet). Sometimes that's debilitating, but no excuse to not do the work! As said, at this time I'm ready to step it up a notch.

Well that's all folks for my intro. And oh yes, I hall be entering my first 6 week challenge in april, I already have a great one! I just hope I can give something back one day for all the things I've received here thus far...

• Like 1

SUCCESS IS A CHOICE

Haha! Reliable work horse the old Diversion. Good bike, just not my cup of tea. :D

Does it need a lot of work when it's your goal, or is your goal just to get out and ride it more?

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I am doing the tins and some electric work, but not a frame-up restoration. My goal is to ride it just for another couple of years, saving up now for an XJR 1300 :D

Nice! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously