Forums are back in action! ×

How did I miss this forum for so long?

I've been forcing myself to try to run for decades now, so I'm pretty relieved to learn that fitness can be achieved without a treadmill. I *really* dislike running.

I'm a former college athlete with major emphasis on the former, now a mom of 5 and a writer, so I sit at a computer for hours every day. Gaining strength is my main goal. I'd like to hang with the Warriors. Will probably join the next 6-week challenge because I love a deadline.

Initial goals: do a pull up. Just one would make me happy for now. I've never been able to do one, even when I was in amazing shape. Squat 100 lbs. Dead lift 100 lbs. I want my husband to set a goal of keeping up with me instead of vice versa.

• Like 2

Verrrrrry cool! *thumbs up*

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I always hated running, just couldn't ever do it. It might seem backwards to some people but lifting weights has got me fit enough to start running. Win!

As for the pull-up.... Awesome goal, there's a good article on the main site about how to get build up to it, and get it done right. Make sure you post in the woot room when that first one done girl! ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I've been forcing myself to try to run for decades now, so I'm pretty relieved to learn that fitness can be achieved without a treadmill. I *really* dislike running.

I'm a former college athlete with major emphasis on the former, now a mom of 5 and a writer, so I sit at a computer for hours every day. Gaining strength is my main goal. I'd like to hang with the Warriors. Will probably join the next 6-week challenge because I love a deadline.

Initial goals: do a pull up. Just one would make me happy for now. I've never been able to do one, even when I was in amazing shape. Squat 100 lbs. Dead lift 100 lbs. I want my husband to set a goal of keeping up with me instead of vice versa.

Freedom!! Ha ha, I hate running too. I wish I liked it, because runners seem to get so much out of it, but have never learned to. Welcome to the board and good luck with your goals. 

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

If you hate running the best course of action is definitely to find another form of fitness that you love.  Lifting sounds great, though I haven't gotten to that point myself I know I want to. Best wishes and I hope to see you around during the next challenge.

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs