Forums are back in action! ×

The road to Legion

It's been a while since I posted so here is a brief backstory.

Mid November I signed up to participate in Legion Run (www.legionrun.com). It's basically a 5km obstacle course with mud, ice, water, barbed wire and the kitchen sink.

After that I started running and doing the beginners body weight strength training. On the start of December I signed up for a Muay Thai class that combined body weight strength training and 2 times a weeks CrossFit training.

I've been doing that for the past four months six times a week (that is 4 days Muay Thai, 2 days CrossFit). I've lost some of the fat that I had, not that I had much to lose, and I am stronger than when I started.

I can sort of see my six pack now :)

Legion Run is on the 29th and today I run a 10km marathon as a final preparation for it. I am proud to say that I completed it around the 60 minute mark and the only time I felt tired and walked for a bit was after the 7.5km mark.

Tomorrow it's back to the gym for more training but I believe that for a 30 year old computer technician with little exercising experience before mid November I am doing good.

Will come back and brag after I finish the run. :)

• Like 1

That's freakin' awesome!

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)