Forums are back in action! ×

Waving all the way from Abu Dhabi!

Hello all, I'm Latifa, and boy am I glad to have come across a support community like this one.

I've always had weight issues growing up, reaching a high of 156lb at the age of 13 (mind you I'm 5'2" and was probably a bit shorter back then). From then onwards, my weight kept fluctuating over the years because of unhealthy eating habits and an extremely lazy lifestyle. Whenever I felt fat I went on ridiculously low calorie diets without much exercise. I would lose a big amount of weight, and as soon as I would stop dieting I gained all the weight back again. I wasn't happy and was always self conscious of my body.

Come 2014, and I realize I'm 10 months away from my 30th birthday. I had a reality check and I decided to completely change my lifestyle. I started eating extremely healthy, trying to make sure I get sufficient nutrients from all kinds of healthy foods and healthy methods of cooking. I also started lifting on a regular basis and enjoy it way more than cardio (which I admit I haven't doing much lately)! Since January 15th 2014, I lost around 13lbs (I now weigh 120lbs) and my body is changing in ways I have never seen before. I feel much more confident and positive about almost everything else in my life too.

I want to take working out to the next level, so I decided to sign up for CrossFit classes starting next week after having an awesome trial class, I'm ridiculously excited!

I still have issues balancing calorie intake and working out. It would be wonderful if you guys help me with that.

• Like 1