Forums are back in action! ×

SilverWitch has made a decision...

Hi there,

it is about time to introduce myself and to step out of the shadows...

I think I know pretty well who I am, but I want to find out who I can be - especially when it comes to fitness. So here are a few key points about me:

* turning 48 this year

* living in Germany

* married, mother of two kids 

* working full-time (mostly at a desk), and many times overtime 

* used to be fit, doing rowing, running, sky diving, running, some martial arts (see, I'm using past tense here…)

* living a low carb high fat version of the Paleo "diet" (for me it is a lifestyle, not a diet)

* reduced weight from 88kg to 73kg with Paleo

* height is 1,72m (what's that in feet? No idea)

* current sports on a halfways regular basis: Pilates on the carpet of my livingroom (occasionally)

Reading around here, I feel sort of fitting in with the assassins, but basically I feel close to anyone who wants to actively live life instead of being a piece of driftwood. Since I'm away from home from 7am to 7pm (work, commute…) I was certainly mastering one thing: using lack of time as a lame excuse to slowly remove everything from my life that was fun such as sports, hobbies, even taking care of friendships. 

I gladly did give up my time, my space… just to be there for my husband, my kids, and my job (I'm using past tense again, but here it is probably a good thing). So I wound up to be a somewhat depressed workaholic with chronic back pain, serious lack of fitness and the distinct feeling that this cannot be ALL that life has in store for me.

Discovering Paleo 2 years ago was the best that ever happened to me, and now I think it is time to add some real life fitness to the picture. :)

My first goals:

* getting up earlier to have time for a 30min workout before breakfast

* getting rid of my back pain (lower back pain - ouch!)

* managing to work out three times per week

* being able to do a real push up (not on my knees)

In the long run: lose 8kg to reach my goal of 65kg (muscle > fat, that is what I hope for), feel fitter, get that firm body back I used to have, and be able to outrun my children :D, get a better time management, pick up neglected friendships, feel more balanced, get stronger and increase my agility… 

I'm looking forward to any kind of positive input!

Thanks for reading...

SilverWitch

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Hey! Welcome on board! Love the goals btw.

There's a thread in the "Meet ups" section where some of the European Nerds are trying to get a meet organised, thought it was worth passing on.

Hope to see you around :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I hear you on letting a long commute become an excuse for not having enough time to exercise. But it looks like you have made the right first step by cleaning up your diet. Good luck with your fitness goals. Glad to see that there are some older nerds on here like me. :D

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Welcome and good luck.  I can identify with the commute problems, and how easy it is to feel like you're "out of time".  It was really a struggle for me to start working out.  I barely get home by 8:00 most nights, and was trying to eat as fast as possible at that point so I could work out around 9:30 and immediately go to bed.  Start all over at 6:00 the next day.  I always felt bad asking for help since I wanted to feel like I could take care of my family obligations.  It takes a lot to realize sometimes you have to put you first.  Congratulations on starting your journey!